How many of you have told your SO to "stuff it"?

I have noticed today a lot of people complaining about how there SO downs them because they are a SAHM. Why do you put up with it? When I first got married I was a SAHM. My SO never realized the extremes I went through and often said cruel things. I got pissed and told him if it was so easy he can do it. I did not drive at all at the time, so on the weekends at 5 AM I would walk to a friends house and stay all weekend. I made sure to call DH at 7 before the kids woke up and informed him I would be gone but did not let him know where I was. (I basically spent the weekend worrying my a$$ off.) I got home sunday night to a whole lot of I'm sorrys.

Not that anyone else need to go to this extreme, however, why do you let him treat you like you do? Adults can be taught to behave differently than they do, have any of you downtrodden SAHM ever once just told him to stick his opinions where the sun don't shine?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 4:04 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I made my husband watch our baby once--he threw her against the wall while I was gone, didn't feed her, didn't change her diaper. Needless to say, yes, I told him to stuff it, moved across the United States and filed for divorce.
    Anonymous

• That's horrible! People like him need to be fixed. Or shot. Or both. I am so sorry for you and your baby I hope she is doing fine.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Oh yeah, life for us totally rocks! I'm getting married and her dad is going to the dessert for a loooooong time.
    Anonymous

• yes my xsaid that until i went back to work and he wasnt working. he couldnt hack it an hour before he called his mom over to help.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• im pretty sure ive told my SO to stuff it many times. But I guess not in the sense that you are speaking, we just argue about some stupid stuff sometimes but I think its kind of healthy for us... . I think you did a great thing in thinking of the going away for a weekend!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:48 PM on May. 8, 2011