If i tr slowing my weight gain down will it slower the babies weight gain too?

I am only 26 weeks and 4 days along and I have already gained 50 pounds :( I have to write down for my doctor what I eat until I go back in 2 weeks for my gluecose test because I am gaining to much. I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. The baby is already measuring 2 pounds 5 ounces. I know that is an estimate, but I was cerious to know if it is because of what I am eating that baby is gaining. I don't eat all that much either. I eat 3 times a day and maybe 1-2 snacks if that it depends on what I have going on that day I at least eat the 3 meals. But I want to try to limit my weight gain anyway if I do that will it limit the babies weight gain a little? The doctor said he wasn't to concerened about the babys weight because I have had big babies before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do not lose weight now do it after the baby is born you will be taking away from baby. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:30 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Your body is pretty good at making sure your baby gets the nutrients he/she needs. Since you are already gaining so much weight, it will be fine to decrease the amount you eat at each meal and at your snacks. Don't stop eating, but make sure you're eating well. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains. Make sure your snacks are good for you too. Some women just gain a lot of weight and if your Doc is already concerned about your blood sugar then it would be in your best interests and baby's to eat as healthy as you can and start walking regularly if you can. Good luck mama!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 4:31 PM on May. 7, 2011

• it's not how much you eat, but what you are eatting that you should be more concerned with.. try to cut down on sodium, and candies or junkfoood. instead focus on healthier foods. Eat your 3 meals, but make sure you are eating a GOOD meal. (chips and a soda are NOT good meals, lol). A meat, veggie and side, with a glass of milk is a great dinner example of a good meal. Drink LOTS of water as well. If you get munchie, grab a fruit or veggie for a snack.

If you diet when pregnant it could effect the baby if not done properly.. which is why I suggest to just change your intake to a better meal plan rather than cut portions. If you drink enough water, and eat what's appropriate for meals, you should all benefit from it instead.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• that baby will pull from your body the nutrients it needs. Ever see bad teeth in women who had little health care when they are preggo? The baby pulls calcium from the teeth to grow it's bones. (it happened to me even with prenatals. my second I had to extra supplement on calcium) Just be careful with the dieting.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I had the same problem. I was instructed to cut out ALL grains and ALL sugars for the last 3 months of my pregnancy because I gained 10 pounds per week for two weeks in a row.

It worked! My weight gain slowed, and Baby was born at 7 lb 10 oz.

But it is hard to maintain calories with only meat, veg, and fruit!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Nope. Baby will take everything it needs from your body stores and continue it's gain. The only thing the baby can't get from your body, is water. Drink plenty of water and don't starve yourself, but you can cut back. Make sure your OB knows about it though. Always best under doctor's supervision.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Try five small meals rather than three big ones and keep your choices healthy. Forgot to add that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I am not saying lose weight I am just wanting to try to stop gaining so much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

• yes thers a safety issue you will have time to lose wait after baby here
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:56 AM on May. 8, 2011