Does this sound like an accusation?

Last week, my husband had to work on Thanksgiving. Well dinner was at our house and his family left about 8pm, and mine came over for coffee and dessert. Well my brother stayed late because he was telling me stories about my father (my father passed away years ago). Well, he didn't even leave the house till 4:30am because we were talking so much. Well as he was leaving, my husband had a squad run and passed by the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• cont

He was probably upset because he didn't know what was going on, and honestly, we all would like to know what was going on in our house late at night, and especially someone in that line of work.

Even if he did suspect that there was something going on, he loved you and respected your relationship enough to ask you, and he trusts and respects you enough to have taken your word for it, and to feel badly about it to begin with.

I would let it go if I were you - unless he's always checking up on you, following you, or whatever. But if this is a pretty isolated case, I would let it go...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• CONT.
    He called me to seconds later and said "What the hell are you doing?" and I said "uh nothing, why?". He said "who was leaving the house?" I said "My my brother" and he said "well, I was just wondering because you have ever light in the house on and I didn't know if it was your brother, your cousin, or the neighbor guy!" I said "Oh...No...It was my brother". Then he said, well- okay, I will talk to you later, love you.

The next day he came home and was sugary sweet to me! Was he thinking he caught me cheating or something? This bugs the crap outta me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• sorry sister he thought that you where doing something
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No, he just wanted to know what was up. If you were cheating you would have had all those lights out and the guy would be sneaking out!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• He was pretty pee'd off when he called also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'd say put yourself in his shoes. What would your initial reaction be? And remember, men aren't as quick to discern things as we are so maybe he was genuinely worried that something may have happened to you and it just didn't come out of his mouth in the best way.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would be glad he cares...... and I agree, if you passed by your house at 4 am and there was a women comming outta your house i bet ud do the same thing!! relax he did what a real husband should have done he cared and was concerned!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i would be pissed if was coming past the house in the middle of the night and saw someone leaving. but as long as everything is fine now i wouldn't worry about it
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It wasn't an accusation or he'd have said "I just saw your lover leaving!", he asked what was going on. Could be that he was worried someone was in there hurting you and when you answered the phone it went straight from fear to jelous. He handled it better than I would've. Put yourself in his shoes and think of how you'd react and see if you'd feel the same. At least he called and asked instead of storming in and accusing :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think he didn't know what to think, and, from the sounds of it, he's either a cop or a fireman, and both those groups, as you know, see some pretty serious crap, and are often exposed to the seedier side of life, if you know what I mean. So, it sounds to me like he was out, in "work mode" so to speak, went by the house, saw things were out of the ordinary, and didn't know what to make of it.

All the lights were on, is something wrong - is one of the kids hurt, is my wife hurt, were they robbed? Some guy is leaving the house - is my wife cheating, is he the guy that just robbed us, what's going on?

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008