How many of you have told your SO to "stuff it"?

I have noticed today a lot of people complaining about how there SO downs them because they are a SAHM. Why do you put up with it? When I first got married I was a SAHM. My SO never realized the extremes I went through and often said cruel things. I got pissed and told him if it was so easy he can do it. I did not drive at all at the time, so on the weekends at 5 AM I would walk to a friends house and stay all weekend. I made sure to call DH at 7 before the kids woke up and informed him I would be gone but did not let him know where I was. (I basically spent the weekend worrying my a$$ off.) I got home sunday night to a whole lot of I'm sorrys.

Not that anyone else need to go to this extreme, however, why do you let him treat you like you do? Adults can be taught to behave differently than they do, have any of you downtrodden SAHM ever once just told him to stick his opinions where the sun don't shine?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 4:23 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I just stick a pacifier in his mouth and walk away...lol well I try to...lol but he gets the idea ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:28 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I got a job went back to school and I am now forming my own company
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:30 PM on May. 7, 2011

• with much more profanity yes
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 4:34 PM on May. 7, 2011