My Daughter and Daughter In Law-Mother's Day

I was wondering how many mom's give a mother's day gift to their daughter's and daughter in law's? Or if your mom's or mother in law's gives you a gift?

I bought my DD and DIL gifts. Both are wonderful mom's and are doing such an amazing job with my grandchildren...I wanted them to know how much I appreciate them as mothers.
I've heard people say this is only for you to recognize your own mother, but I think it's to recognize any mom who you love.

CallMeAngie

Asked by CallMeAngie at 4:25 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Holidays

• I agree with you!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 4:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Sure it is. When and if my daughter ever has kids and rocks as a parent I would too.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:27 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I just got a card from my Mother in Law. It's nice that she cares enough to tell me how much she appreciates me.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 4:27 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I got a card and gift for my daughter (who is expecting her first). I always get a card from my mom, but I've not ever gotten anything from my MIL (even though I'm the one who makes sure she gets something every year).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My DH took me and MIL to lunch today. My MIL gave me a beautiful card, and we gave her yellow roses~ her favorite. As for my own mother, well, She has the wrong idea about my DH and is afraid of my son's autism, so she doesn't have anything to do with us. That is the best gift she could give me.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm doing my MIL tomorrow and we got her something. We'll prob call my mom, but thats about it. Our relationship has been stressed as of late.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 10:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I get a card from my MIL and my Mother is deceased but when she was alive I got a card from her and a phone call; we sent my MIL a card and always sent one to my Mom also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:02 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:49 PM on May. 23, 2011