What is Washington state like?

Are the schools good for our children?
Is the health care "top-knotch" ?

I'm comparing to Colorado...I think our health care systems are poor. I've never been treated as an equal (I'm a white teen mother) when visiting the doctors offices.

And The schools Ive been to never seemed to really care about education.

How does Washington state compare for the children?

What's your favourite thing about living there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I lived there for a few months in '88
    It never got above 72 degrees all summer and rained about 60% of the time!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:32 PM on May. 7, 2011

• WA State is my 2nd choice of living. I currently live in Oregon. WA State rains a lot BUT everything is freaking green. It's really pretty, the trees are green. Crime rate isn't high, schools are good, I don't know about health care or anything like that. Seattle is a kick-ass place to go.
    Anonymous

• I LOVE living in Washington state! It doesn't rain half as much as a lot of people complain (more like it'll drizzle for part of the day, or be really gray during winter) and the summers here are beautiful. If you hate hot weather (I do), you'll love it here. Gorgeous scenery and great hiking/biking/kayaking/horseback riding/anything. It's your one-stop for all things outdoorsy. The restaurants are pretty good, with a lot of Thai and Japanese influence. Schools are good, though it never hurts to poke around and get a good look. I did public school in WA up until college and it was great. Just like in any city, there will be certain areas of higher crime, but I never had any problems. Heathcare is great and progressive.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 5:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Depends on what part of the state your going to be in, if your wondering about the weather. It's usually pretty nice though, four seasons and all that. I was born and raised here and the schools I went to were pretty good, healthcare has never been an issue for me. I've always been satisfied with the care I've gotten. I love living here because it's really pretty and peaceful. There's plenty to do and Seattle isn't far from me so it's a fun place to get away to. Hope that helped!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i love it here. i prefer western wa over eastern because i like mild weather vs extreme. summers in western wa are warm but not unbearable and winters are cold and rainy but not freezing and snowstorms. as far as schools go, i'm sure it varies from area to area just like anywhere else. i live near the capital and always had good experiences with school and life in general.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• lived here for over 30 years, grew up here , my kids are here. There areas good areas and there are bad areas. Traffic in general is really bad, weather has nor been the greatest this year. I wouldn't live anywhere else except Maybe Colorado. Where else do you have mountains ands the ocean within 2 hours of each other? Eastern Wa is pretty rural with Extreme weather but in the Puget Sound area where I live it is beautiful. Inner city Schools are struggling but the burbs are great.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:00 PM on May. 7, 2011