I NEED HELP

Okay this goes out to all you married mommys out there.. My marriage is going down the toilet. it never seems to be going right every time it starts to seem like we are having a good time.. I get yelled at for giving attitude when im not.. I suffer from depression and yet my husband doesn't seem to care.. every time im down he keeps bugging me asking me whats the matter when in fact nothing is the matter im just depressed. but appernetly I have to have a reason to be depressed.. i cry myself to sleep almost every night not knowing whats the matter with me.. my husband tells me we have to get counsling and i do agree however the way hes coming off is as if im at fault forever single thing that goes wrong.. I got a job to support my family yet it doesnt seem enough to him.. when i get home i cook i clean i take care of our son.. and it always turns into a fight when i ask him to help me with changing our sons diaper or grabing something out of the cabinet cause im in the middle of stirring something on the stove and dont want it to burn.. he always makes it seem that i am wasting his time.. or he gets pissed for me pulling him away from his damn computer game..
I am really lost and I dont even want to celebrate mothers day tomorrow since i know i will just be treated like shit by him.. i will still have to get up and cook and clean and take care of our son. i swear i feel like im the only one in this marriage that cant have feeling that cant take a break or anything.. I never do anything right.. I need some guidince with this please help me!!!

A Mother that dosent know what to do. and doesnt want to celebrate mothersday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• You need counceling but the therapist needs to know that he doesn't help you with shit, he blames crap on you and he is a total jerk!
    Anonymous

• Honey, I honestly believe that this relationship is only pulling you down farther. You need to do what's best for you and your child. What is happening to your son who has to see all of this? Take it from an experienced mom with this situation, do what you have to do to be happy for you AND your child.
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 4:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Have you stopped to think that maybe some of this is due to your depression? Sorry for poking but i've felt the same way while depressed. He's willing to go to counseling so he must still care at least a little. I hope things start looking up for you.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Counseling time and before you go tell him the truth tell him how your tired of his crap. GL Momma Mothers day is for you pat your own self on the back.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:40 PM on May. 7, 2011

• you have to be in a better enviornment to meantally be stronger
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 4:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• feel better I know how hard it can be when people around you don't understand what depression is... to them it's a situational thing that you can snap out of by changing the situation. The truth is some depression is of a chemicle nature and can't be changed without medications and even then...some depression can still linger. Your husband may not understand that and perhaps a therapist or councelor can help him to. It could be that he feels like he's failing you because of the depression you feel...even if you tell him otherwise. You sound like you do a lot of things that are difficult on you just to make him happy...and that you're struggling to keep it all going. For most people those things are not hard...but when you're depressed...they can feel impossible. I hope you get to feeling better.

CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I quit relying on my husband to make me feel better. I had depression & never got the right answer from my husband when I griped (he isn't compassionate) I learned to find ways to curb the blues. I did my schedule: work, clean, playtime with kids & fed them then bath/bed. Then if I wanted to read or watch tv I had "me time". I had to make ME happy, putting off my husband as I felt he put me off. I made plans without him, then when he griped about it, I told him if he wanted to be with us, he was welcome to. As for the fighting, pick your fights. Expect him not to help, plan for it. For your own piece of mind, not for any other reason. My girls & I are busy with church, sports, fun time& if he wants to be a part of it he can. I had to get self absorbed again like when I met him and was busy with my life. We still argue but want more US time now. We know what & what not to expect from each other now.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 5:00 PM on May. 7, 2011