What type of things does your 4 year old?

draw or color and do they stay in the lines when coloring a picture?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 4:45 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bridges, trains, his sister, dad and I.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 9:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Right now she likes to draw pictures of me, her and DH...she also draws pictures of my brothers and sister, whom she calls her friends lol...she can pretty much stay in the lines when she's coloring pictures and she can write her name in all capital letters =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My daughter is 3 1/2 & she is starting to write letters A, C, D, E, e, F, G, H, I, i, L, l, O, T, t, V

She dosent color in the lines but now targets an area of a pic such as someones head & colors that all one color then colors another part of the body another color.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• At that age, she colored mostly in the lines, if SHE was interested in coloring, but didn't use the "right" color for things (i.e. blue bananas, orange grass, etc). She would also write her name, most letters, made attempts at shapes (far from perfect, but you could tell a square from a triangle from a circle) Hope that helps!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My DD likes to draw flowers, the two of us, and spiders (the legs I suppose) -- She colors very well and gets upset if her friends just scribble on a picture. lol. I told her it's ok if they or she don't always color in the lines because others may like it that way. She responded, "It just looks better INSIDE the lines." :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:12 PM on May. 7, 2011