Why are you never supposed to "trust a man who kisses you with his eyes open"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• cause its just creepy
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• the saying actually goes in both ways, but from what I heard its a trust issue, never understood it but I kiss with my eyes closed so I don't know
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• hmm...never heard of that...
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 1:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• never heard of it but I guess I'm safe. My SO doesn 't do anything with his eyes open (intimately speaking that is).

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That's silly. Sometimes I open my eyes, to see if his are closed or open. Does that make me untrustworthy?
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That is totally just an old saying that is useless in real life. In my opinion, if a man kisses you with his eyes open (and he's looking at you) I would think that means he wants to see YOU during your "sexy kissy moment". If his eyes are open and he's watching the door, or the news....then that's different.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I get all cross eyed when I kiss him, anything that close to my face sometimes makes me do that. So I close my eyes for the sake of comfort.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i'm 50-50. sometimes i kiss with myeyes open, sometimes they are closed. my husband only opens his eyes if mine are open too long. he says he can feel me watching him
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I prefer to kiss with my eyes open, always have, prolly always will. I don't mind if he's looking at me or not, but if he is, then he should be able to see in my eyes whether the kiss is boring or effective. Some people don't like it when someone's looking at them, some don't mind and some will look you right back in the eye and smile during the kiss. I don't think it means anything other than some people are more comfortable seeing what's right in front of them lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• lol - if you had your eyes closed, how would you know? I think it's more a figurative expression than a literal one.

Sort of like my grandma's advice of "Before you get married, keep both eyes open. After you get married, shut one of them."

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008