No Insurance, Need Help With PPD

I'm finally coming to the realization that the PPD I am experiencing is BAD, and that it is especially starting to hurt my children. I need help, but I don't have insurance, and I don't know where to go. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• I'm sure there are local agencies that you can call or maybe a hotline. I know WIC has some. Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:58 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Do you have a county hospital or health dept nearby? Maybe they can point you in the right direction too. Do you have someone to talk to right now? People around to help you with the kids?
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:01 PM on May. 7, 2011

• wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 5:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Ask your family doctor. There are many professionals who will see a patient "Pro Bono" (without getting paid) once in a while or your doc may know people who work on a "sliding scale" who will work with you and not cost a lot. If you aren't uncomfortable with religion there are many kind and capable pastors or lay counselors who could help.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 5:15 AM on May. 9, 2011

• If it is really bad or you feel suicidal, go to your nearest ER right away. They have to treat you regardless of your ability to pay.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 5:16 AM on May. 9, 2011