Have you heard of Elimination Communication? Diaper free babies?

I was wondering what some of your thoughts were on this. Have any of you ever done it and what your experiences were. I was thinking of doing cloth diapers (because disposables were breaking the bank when I had my daughter) but it might be a little more work then I can commit myself to, so I was looking at other options and ran across some Elimination Communication websites.

Basically you DON'T put a diaper on the baby and you just learn to read the signs that the baby has to potty...the link for it is up top.

No bashing please, I never said I was going to do this, I just would like to know how many of you have and what your opinions on it are.

Thanks Ladies =)

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:46 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• ok......hope you have absolutely NOTHING else to do but stare at your kid night and day looking for signals,lol!
    do they run around bottomless??!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• The only person trained in that relationship is the mother.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• so do these women never leave the house for the 1st 2 years or something?? You can't have a half naked baby out in public!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:51 PM on May. 7, 2011

• LOL!!! I cant stop laughing!! My sister has 2 in diapers can you see her trying to "watch for signs" LOL LOL LOL
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• There is actually a video about EC where the mom just has the baby pee in a a stranger's yard.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:54 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Lol @butterflyblue....Yeah I think they do run around bottomless lol....and now that you've pointed out the fact that I would have to sit there looking at him all day long...it's definatly more work then cloth diapering lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on May. 7, 2011

• They leave the house, if their kid has to pee while they are outside, they just let the kid go to the bathroom where ever they are.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:52 PM on May. 7, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughterCan you see these kids peeing and pooing in the grass!?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:53 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i did it with my dd from 15-18 months, then she decided she hated it so i stopped. 3 months later i slowly started it again, she is 25 months and fully trained now. she started staying dry through naps and waking up dry from bed early though.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 4:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I think EC originated in areas in the world where women wear their babies (africa, india...etc). The idea is that you feel your baby's muscles tense right when they need to go and then you just lift and hold baby away from your body so they can do their business. In america, that might be a bit hard to do since society is SO critical of alternative parenting methods. If you choose to do this, good for you - it seems like a huge challenge but I suppose it would be well worth it if you succeed!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 5:01 PM on May. 7, 2011