2 1/2 yr old sleeps on floor wont sleep in bed.

my 2 1/2 yr refuses to sleep in his bed. with or without the bedrail he gets out and sleeps on the floor. i pick him up when i go to bedand put him back but he gets back out through out the nite, he lays by the area the door swings.. any one have any idea's i am worried if we had a fire i would be able to get in there. HELP

Levink_08

Asked by Levink_08 at 4:58 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter does this too! so the last week we've been playing nursery rhymes in her cd player when we put her down and it seems to be working pretty well
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 5:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My oldest went through a phase where he did that too. It wasn't a problem for us, because he had a second door that connected to the hall bath. But it didn't last too long and he started staying in bed.

Answer by missanc at 5:13 PM on May. 7, 2011

• let him sleep on the floor if hes comfortable. cant be doing much harm if he likes it. My nephew has been sleeping on the floor since he was 1 and hes 5 now....some kids need the hardness of the floor rather than the softness of the bed
    Kimberly1219

Answer by Kimberly1219 at 6:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• mine did that until she was5! it is a faze, they will grow out of it. GL momma!!!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:17 PM on May. 7, 2011