Big kid shows.

My DD is 6 and she wants to watch ICarly or the other big kid shows all the time.I know they are all PG or G but after that she behaves like them.Does anyone else has same problem or you guys let them watch.

kiran595

Asked by kiran595 at 5:07 PM on May. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter is 9 and I still don't let them watch a lot of the so called "kid" shows on Nickelodeon. She used to watch Hannah Montana and she picked up the "whatever" - her tv watching was severely limited after that!

Answer by missanc at 5:11 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My dd loves iCarly, she is 7 and has been watching since she was 5. I watch it with her, so I know it is ok. She likes a lot of the shows on Disney too. I just refuse to let her watch Hannah Montana, she is so skank! I have never seen her try to act like anyone of them. Maybe it is so exciting for your dd to be watching something new to her,and it is more "grown up" than cartoons. It was a big deal for mine when I first let her watch it. She would watch it EVERYTIME it came on, but now it is nothing so special.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 5:14 PM on May. 7, 2011

• ICarly is harmless.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:16 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My kids watch all those shows. My 5yo dd's favorite show is iCarly and has been since she was 3. I don't have a problem with any of them. If they started acting like the kids in the show then they would lose the privilege of watching...probably anything (no TV at all).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:19 PM on May. 7, 2011

• icarly is awesome i watch it with my daughter but ive also been trying to limit the amount of nickelodeon lately im trying to get her more into disney too. i love spongebob but i cant tell you how fed up with it i am lol
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 7:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• We don't get that channel for just that reason.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 7:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• yup I have. Last summer and so I banned them (and I actualy like iCarly) a year later they are still on the gen. banned list with an occasional allowance for special occacions. Same with Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite life etc. (which are the few on my semi okay list - Big Rush, Jonas, Good lUck Charlie ... I gen can't stand)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:43 PM on May. 8, 2011