Who watches the Derby?

Who watches the Kentucky Derby? What is your favorite part? If you don't watch why not?

EJKZ

Asked by EJKZ at 5:08 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My entire family watches the Derby...We even bet. We all pick a horse and put in $1.00. The youngest members get first picks..Then we all have our own system..My brother picks the horse that starts with an 'S'..My mom picks by jockey. My dad and husband pick by funniest names. I pick by dam/sire....and none of it means anything once the gates open (haha!)
    Then, we pick for the rest of the triple crown..
    RockyMtnMac

Answer by RockyMtnMac at 5:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I always watch the Derby. One of my granddaddies raised quarter horses and we got to go with them to the track in the summer. I enjoy watching them..plus it always makes me think of Granddaddy. I have my Mamo's Julep cups and we always have a toast to him.

I love the hats too!!!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:11 PM on May. 7, 2011

• What a great story. You gotta love the hats! I was raised watching so I still do.
    EJKZ

Comment by EJKZ (original poster) at 5:13 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't think I have ever really watched from beginning to end, but the other year, we almost bought tickets to it because we were planning a trip to Louisville and couldn't find a hotel...we didn't realize it was the same weekend! They were not as expensive as I would have thought, but we rescheduled :(

After I told my dad that the ticket prices, he said he wanted to go with us sometime, so it might be in the plans.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:20 PM on May. 7, 2011

• What a great idea rocky :)
    EJKZ

Comment by EJKZ (original poster) at 5:27 PM on May. 7, 2011