Do you remember your 1st Mother's Day as a mom? Anything exciting happened?

My 1st one I was about 5 months pregnant. But I was only 16 and it was during that weekend I first told my mom I was pregnant. I'm sure it was a memorable Mother's Day for her too.

My 1st one post baby was uneventful.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 5:16 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Holidays

• My first my son was only a week old so we didn't do anything. My husband got me cards from him and the baby!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My oldest was a week old too. My husband won a gift certificate for a floral arrangement at his new job and when he went to get it, he told the woman it was my first mother's day and she upgraded it to a huge arrangement. It was gigantic and full of my favorite flowers.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:31 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes my daughter was 4 months old and my husband got me a beautiful bracelet, a dozen pink tulips because they are my favorite and a spa day :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My first Mother's Day my son was a couple of days shy of one month old & I had to spend the day at some dingy bar that my SIL's parents owned & used as the reception hall after the christening (sp) for my SIL's DD (born 2 days after my son). I hated it and should have spoken up at the time & told DH I wasn't going, but I was more interested in keeping the peace at the time.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:11 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My grandma died on my 1st Mothers Day, which was last year. Other than that, uneventful.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:20 PM on May. 7, 2011

• ha ha YES...my son was like 10mos old I was 5mos pregnant and we just moved so I got to clean our old apt...what fun...NOT! Ianticipated so much more but itis what it is...I got a card which is way better than whatI get now...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 8, 2011

• yes my oldest was 4 months old and my husband catered to me all day and was very helpful...man has it gone down hill from that day!!
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:59 AM on May. 10, 2011