Foot massage

ive heard that getting a foot massage can induce contractions. is it bad to get one or have your man do it when your only 17 weeks?

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 5:18 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think thats true. With my son I got foot massages almost everyday and my son was 6 days late...
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Massaging certain parts of the foot can induce labor , certain parts of the foot can trigger reactions in other parts of your body so I wouldn't let him rub any pressure points though a general rub of the overall foot is ok but don't apply pressure
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I am a massage therapist and it is true. There are certain trigger points on the hands and feet that can and have induced labor in women. When I practiced in a spa I would have women come in towards the end of their pregnancy and try to get labor going, I had one that every time I hit the trigger spots you could see her contract it was awesome. If you are curious about where they are you can look them up online.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• great idea get it now
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:51 AM on May. 8, 2011