Why can't the grandparents be happy they are getting another grandbaby, although it isn't the boy they wanted?????

I have a 5 yr. old DD and my SIL has a 3 year old DD and I am due with my second girl. my inlaws wanted it to be a boy and I am getting tired of comments. Like I am glad i didn't buy that blue bear I saw (fine, but where is the pink since it is a girl), and we went to eat the other night and we took a friends son and my MIL said I guess he will have to be my boy since I'm not getting one. I said get over it, you aren't getting a boy and she laughed and said I am buying baby girl all blue clothes. And my FIL told somebody that his kids can apparantly only make girl babies. I am getting tired of it and I told my hubby I am going to blow up one day and tell them that they don't have to have anything to do with this baby girl since they are so dissapointed it is a girl! Why can't they just be happy about a baby regardless??? They didin't think they were getting any more anyway!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry. Sounds like they're either unaware or uncaring of how their comments are affecting y'all. Hopefully they start singing a different tune once your baby gets here.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:36 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Oh they are silly. I am sorry they are being so rude about the sex of your baby. It shouldn't matter if it is a boy or a girl. I would just ignore them. Tune them out. If you don't react,maybe they will just leave it alone. I hope !
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:36 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You should tell them that they should be happy every child is a blessing and part of that blessing is not always getting what you want but what you are kent to get. CONGRATS ON YOUR SECOND DD!
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 5:38 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry , they obviously don't see anything wrong with the comments they're making I think you should have a serious talk with them and let them know that their comments are hurtful and you want them to stop either accept the fact there's another granddaughter on the way or don't
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You're nicer than my husband and I, neither of us would put up with it. Instead they wouldn't be seeing us or our children anymore.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

• And where do they think babies come from? Do they think you just stop in at the local Babies R Us and order what you want? Or do they think you became pregnant with a girl just to spite them? I mean seriously, it's not like you can pick what gender your child is going to be. They need to get over themselves and focus on what's important, the fact that they're going to have a new grandbaby to love & cherish. Congrats on your new DD!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:01 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't think they are meaning to be rude or maybe even know that what they are saying is construed that way. I am 37 weeks with our third girl, and I hear things like that too...that I'm "hogging the girls" since I have a cousin that has all boys, that a boy we would have now would be too outnumbered, etc. I don't take offense to it. They're just picking on me...it isn't like they wont love the hell out of the baby when she is here.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:13 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Tell them that after this baby girl, you go to Europe and do gender selection. How would they feel about that? Anyway, just ignore them. My son's father is one of 6 boys and after Evan was born, people asked us if they were disappointed that he wasn't a girl. I said "You know what, I'm pretty sure they're happiest that he's healthy". That usually shut them up.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:28 PM on May. 7, 2011

• hey tell them they waunt a grand daughter agian or nothing lol
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:50 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My Dad, My FIL, MIL, and SIL all put in an order for a girl. We didn't find out so all I heard at home and at work is it's going to be a girl it is it is its.... He wasn't and you know what? Everyone was so in awe of him that I never heard he didn't have the right "Parts" I know it's painfully difficult now hearing the comments, but rest assured, everyone will settle down and love that baby like she's the last one on earth.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:05 PM on May. 11, 2011