Daughter wants purple bedroom. Suggestions?

We are moving her into a new room because I am having another baby in Oct. I want her to feel like a big girl and pick out what she wants. But all she says isa purple room, meaning purple walls and comforter. I can't find anythinf that i like. She is 5 1/2 so I don't want something too babyish as i want her to keep for a couple years. I looked EVERYWHERE on line. Anybosy know of any websites for bedding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Land of Nod, Pottery Barn, Posh Tots are the ones that I use that have unique things.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

• LET HER! I wanted a purple room when I was about that age and my Mom said no..I got a purple rug. :( She is old enough to begin expressing herself. I would go with a solid color comforter..different color on each side. I like domestications.com. If you haven't already, let her look at the paint samples...her purple may not be your purple. My Mom thought I wanted a dark purple..what I wanted was lavender..of course I didn't know it was lavender and she didn't even let me look at samples. We were talking about it once when I was grown and was planning to paint..turns out she would have said yes to lavender!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Why not just try a local walmart they always have a good selection and you will save your self a few bucks!
    SmilesLovely

Answer by SmilesLovely at 5:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• you could paint the walls a purple, and get other accessories in a similar shade, but go with a black/white or cream printed comforter. toss a purple throw pillow on it, and viola!
    like pp said, find out what color purple she likes...use a few chosen assessories to paint-match.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• We have purple in our bedroom. I found most the stuff on eBay and then Lowes for the paint.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I got with dull scissors. I'd paint the room purple, then show her examples of colors that might look nice with that.
    I just looked at Target.com, and put purple into the search. They've got lots of neat stuff, there was a purple bed in the bag set, purple bed ruffles, and I don't think it looks babyish, I wouldn't mind some of this stuff myself!
    It's the kind of thing I think a lot of teens would like too.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:53 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Let her, it's her room, let her enjoy it. I did a google search for "purple bedding" and came up with lots of options. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Not everything has to be purple though. Walls, and a comfortor, maybe of different shades or a pattern, and some solid pillows/cushions, maybe some butterfly decos', funky lamp.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:17 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Go to Target.com

Got to bed and bath...select Bedding

Scroll till you see in the main part of the page "Shop by color" and pick the pink and purple and take a look at what they have
    Anonymous

• Walmart for bedding thats inexpensive so you can change it out every year or so as she grows and changes. Same for paint.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:28 PM on May. 7, 2011