Feeling Like I'm Just Over Life

I've been dealing with PPD since my middle son was born just over 2 years ago, I thought it was starting to get better, to let up, but apparently not, I'm just sinking down into a deep dark pit again. Especially after the past couple of days I'm just really feeling like I'm over life, just done.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• So talk with us what's goin on?
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 5:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• hugsMy dd's PPD was horrible after her third son. I suggested she try talking to her doctor or at least seeing if my Over the Counter 5-HPT would help. It did. I told her to only take it when she felt a bad episode coming on. There was no reason for her to take it all the time. Make sure you are eating healthy foods, too. She was eating way to much sugar.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• The kids have been little hellions the past few days and I just haven't been able to keep my cool.... I feel terrible, but at the same time completely numb about it all.  I'm feeling overwhelmed.... my kids are all very young so I don't get any real appreciation from them, the only person who could show some appreciation, my husband, doesn't usually.  All I get from him is griping that I'm not doing enough.... that he works so hard, and acts like I do nothing.  I go above and beyond for him and my family, when he got invited to go to a movie the other night and he was hesitant because of cost I paid out of my "allowance" (we both have personal allowances for budgeting) for him to go, and that was right after he'd been treating me badly all afternoon.  I just feel like I can't do right.......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• We moved away from everyone we knew a little over a year ago, and it's been hard to meet people. I do have a few friends here, but only have one vehicle so I don't get out much. I've spent most of the week cooped up in our apartment. I keep the curtains closed because I hate living in such close quarters with other people and always feel like I'm being watched, and I only keep one light on to conserve energy so it's always so dark and gloomy inside. I don't have much help with the kids because we don't have any family or anything here, and when my husband's home he's always saying he needs to relax, needs a break, since he works. He does help me out when I really need it..... but I don't know.... I feel like when he does he acts like it's such a hassle. I'm just having a really hard time the past few days.... just feeling really down.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I feel like my life is completely out of control.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• So as a stop gap why don't you see if you can find a babysitter even for an hour and go do something you really enjoy. It won't cure everything but maybe It'll give your battery a little charge so you don't feel so numb. And then hellions can bug someone else for an hour. Lol this is what I have to do when I get to this point.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• OR when your husband gets home tell him it's his turn. And your taking the car. I caused my dh to whine and bitch for days about it but i needed to do something so badly it wàs kinda like do it or i will start driving you insane. What kind of hobbies do you have?
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 6:08 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't really trust leaving my kids with just anyone.... and of the few people I know here and would trust with them no one would watch all three of my kids for me. My husband watches them sometimes, he just let me get out by myself last weekend, for 8 hours, first time I ever left my youngest that long. That was when I was kind of at a high point and thinking I was getting beyond my PPD, but now, this week, I'm just losing it again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't really have any hobbies.... the one hobby I had before kids I pretty much gave up between my first pregnancy and moving. I'm taking some online courses for something I'm passionate about, that's my one thing I do for me, but it's hard to even find/make time for that, and when I'm feeling like this, I'm not motivated to work on that either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:10 PM on May. 7, 2011

• The kids all crashed at the table before I could feed them.... I think I'm going to go turn the burner off from cooking them soup and try to lie down and sleep.... I'm feeling really sleep deprived.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 7, 2011