Dining room centerpiece ideas?

I am looking for something to go on my dining room table. We never use it, so only for looks. I had a floral arrangement but don't want anything like that. Looking for unique ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I guess I would go with the season, now its spring so something fun and colorful. How about a candle arrangement. You can do it youself, I mean you can fine nice candles in the dollor store and cheap stores. Maybe in yellow and light blue etc. But them in nice deco glasses maybe with colorful stones.
    Summer you can go with the same but put sand in the glasses (as in beach sand)
    Fall I would put orange candles with some fall deco.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Hit the dollar store & get some cute glass pieces (or you may have some) vases, bowls, etc. If you want to get different colors then hit up walmart/target/etc for colorful glass items. You can lay rocks in the bottom of it (real looking ones, real ones, or glass ones) put some tea lights on top. Place things on a mirror so get a shaped mirror put in middle of table then put a piece on top of that.

Nate Berkus (look him up!) says just grab a knick knack from around the house & place it there then its a good convo piece & creative way to re use a knick knack that just sits in the corner. Switch it out from time to time!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• A tall glass cylinder filled with lemons looks nice.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have a large glass pear on my dining room table now but during Christmas i put a clear glass bowl with colored ornaments,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I laways do a seasonal one
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• we have a pretty bowl that is filled with different things depending on my mood... sometimes fruit, sometimes glass ornaments and lights, sometimes pinecones and fall leaves... the bowl is a pretty blue/green mikasa glass bowl, but i also have a very shiny stainless bowl that i use at times too... i LOVE that i can change it up...
    sometimes i even stick a candle in the glass bowl and light it... so pretty to see it shining through!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• only kind i like are candles
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Lay a curved mirror in the center and top it with various glass/crystal candleholders of varying heights.

A beautiful soup tureen with matching platter always looks classic.

A grouping consisting of a decorative plate on a stand with some greenery and 2 candleholders (different heights).

Play, mix it up, and have some fun. I'm always working on tablescapes ... let your creative juices flow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on May. 8, 2011

• A large unique shaped glass bowl, filled with glass marbles or potpourri
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:27 AM on May. 8, 2011

• i have a trencher bowl with a candle and fixins
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 11:38 AM on May. 8, 2011