Packing lunch

my husband is a truck driver and i pack him a lunch everyday but i think he is getting tired of the same sandwiches all the time. he doesn't really have a way to heat anything up until he gets back and parks his truck. any other ideas besides sandwiches would be great.

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 6:01 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Chef Salad, Scotch Eggs, Tuna Salad with Crackers for Dipping, Beef Jerky and Trail Mix
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• my husband eats from a cooler and has no microwave or tables for plates, as he is in construction. He will only eat fried egg sandwiches or meatloaf sandwiches. So here is what the options have boiled down to....
    cold chicken of any kind
    whole baked potatoes or cut in half his eats with his fingers
    cold mac-n-cheese with sliced hotdogs
    tuna/pasta salad
    chicken/bacon/pasta with ranch and mayo salad
    potato salad
    fruit
    hard boiled eggs with the shells off
    tuna spread and club crackers
    meat and cheese slices with any type of crackers
    nuts or any type
    muffins
    banana bread
    homemade cookies that are the filling kind like monster cookies or oatmeal/peanut butter/raisen
    chips
    snack cakes
    rice krispie bars
    a small container with chunks of cucumbers/radishes/green pepper ( those are the only raw veggies he will eat)
    slices of pumpkin pie, that is usually solid enough to eat with one h
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 6:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• one hand...
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 6:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Reminds me of a joke-
    There were three construction workers, one was Mexican, one was Irish, and the other was a blonde.

The Mexican looked in his lunch, and said, "A taco. If I get a taco one more time, I'm going to jump off this building!"

The Irish guy looked in his lunch, and said, "A baked potato. If I get this one more time, I'm going to jump off this building!"

Then the blonde guy looked in his lunch and said, "Bologna sandwich. If I get bologna one more time, I'm going to jump off of this building!"

The next day they all got the same lunch, and they all jumped off the building and died.

At the funeral the Mexican's wife said, "If he would have told me he didn't want tacos, I would have made him something different."

Then the Irish guy's wife said, "If he would have told me he didn't want potatoes. I would have made something else.

They look over at the blondes wife, and she says "Wh
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 6:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• They look over at the blonde mans wife, and she says "What? He made his own lunches everyday!"
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 6:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Breakfast Sands
    Eggsalad Sands (in case you didnt think of that)
    Salads Taco, Chef, Garden
    Put Sand things in wraps
    BBQ Pulled Pork Sands (again in case you didnt think of it!)
    Pasta Salad
    Potato Salad
    Fruit Salad
    Homemade mac & cheese, heat up before leaves for work & it will cool down until lunch but is still good luke warm, I'm sure you could do this with sevearl other things but I cant think of any on the top of my head right now, you can also buy a bag to keep in heat for foods too
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You could always get the meal sized insulated cups my kids take those to school, I put in chilis, beef stews, hearty soups, whatever they want thats hot :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Get a food thermos - you can heat up soup, leftovers, etc, in the morning, put it in the hot thermos, and it'll be hot yet at lunchtime.
    Anonymous

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas; send me a message if you would like a copy

Answer by rkoloms at 11:11 PM on May. 10, 2011