Is this normal and when will it stop? adult content

I quit breastfeeding my son 9 months ago. He was 13 months old then. The other day I noticed a wet spot on my shirt from my nipple. So I squeezed it to see what was coming out, and a thick dark yellow liquid came out. It comes out of both breasts if you squeeze them. It looks a lot different than the colostrum I was producing when I was nursing. Is this normal? And if it is, when can I expect this to go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• You can still make milk for up to a year after weaning, no worries :)
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i never had that problem when i stopped. I would call ur doctor and ask them. just to be on the safe side
    Kimberly1219

Answer by Kimberly1219 at 6:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Thought I should mention I am NOT pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• you should see a doctor, 9 months ago is a long time, that should probably not be the issue anymore. if it was like 9 days ago it would be a different story.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i would call your doctor.. it could have just not been properly discharged and hence has sat, and that may be why it looks weird, but it's best to rule out any infections it could have caused, etc.. I'm not a doctor, just going by what I would assume if it happened to me and what I would do, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:34 PM on May. 7, 2011