I need help to answer my question.

Has anyone ever went through listeria while pregnant? How did you feel, and what happened?

23 weeks preggo: Never had morning sickness... and not since last week started to get sick.??

Reason why I asked b/c paranoid me was eating hot dogs last week (forgetting about the bacteria risk), four days after that I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and vomited. Then Last night we had a cookout and hung around a fire... I started drinking diet pop out of a can, and ate steak, chips/salsa, and potato salad. Anyways I got home starting to get a headache... which usually happens when I'm around smoke or drinking can pop... I took a tylonol PM (I use it to help me sleep as well) and I felt better.. I though got TIRED, and dizzy and soon as I layed in my bed I passed out! lol..wasnt long I woke up and had to vomit. :( went back to bed. today I started feeling stiff neck... which I think it's cause the way I'm sitting looking at my computer.... but I dont feel sick.. ill feeling... not stomach ache nothing. Anyone went through this? Or am I worrying for nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't have experience with this, but I would suggest you visit your doctor. It's always better to be safe than sorry when you're pregnant.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:13 PM on May. 7, 2011

• There is a stomach bug going around right now. You could have gotten some of those germies. Stay hydrated, and call your OB to check in.

If the hot dog was cooked, that probablky was not a culprit. Potato salad, however, has a bad track record because of the mayo sitting out for too long.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:16 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Agree with ImaginationMama that the potato salad would be more likely to cause illness than a hotdog--even an uncooked one!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:19 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would talk to your Dr asap, it may just be a stomach bug but with a depressed immune system they may want to watch you. Hope you feel better soon.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:05 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Thank you... :) I was just wondering if anyone has been through it, and if it's anything similar.... Cause I wasn't sure If I was just getting morning sickness late.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on May. 7, 2011

• yes i too had that happen to me eat crackers & drink water, just rub your belly often walk around lay down with legs above head you r ok
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:33 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Ok thanks... yea I feel fine today. I guess morning sickness may have came later for me... Dang lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on May. 8, 2011