Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

If i can take my abuser to court for loss of wages Y then cant I take my manager to court for the same thing?

Im currently staying at a domestic violence shelter and have had to take a leave of absence from work. I hate my manager beyond words, she could care less about me, doesnt have my best internest. She def makes an unsafe work environment for me. She tells my absuer when he comes in looking for me, im hiding that im in the bathroom, gives me notes from him, she tells me i cant keep hiding, gotta come to work, I cant come into work but i can come in 2 get my paycheck, i have 2 keep my family life seperate from my work, yet its ok for her to ask my dad and my aunt when im coming back. I can totally see her telling some1 who comes in asking for me, "oh kahala's at a domestic violence shelter" Im beyond pissed! What are my options? Cause something def needs 2 be done about her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (10)
  • I don't see why you couldn't sue her.

    I'd speak to a lawyer, ask the shelter for a referral to one.

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:40 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • She sounds mean beyond words

    Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:40 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • I don't know if I read this right, but if u r able to go and get your check, then why can't u work? Cause if thats the case, a lawyer will ask u the same thing. Can u send someone in and get your check? Like one of the counselors with a note from u saying u are giving them permission?

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:21 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • I

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:38 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • I have a question I put out to a lawyer buddy oif mine to answer your question. Meanwhile, have u got a personal protection or restraining order out on your abuser? Now days, when a domestic abuser is served with one, if often comes with a GPS unit attached to the abuser that is monitered at all times by Law Enforcement. So if your state does this, it offeres more protection better then ever. If your abuser come within 500ft or however long, thr GPS unit now will beep, alerting officals and hopefully will save u added stress of hiding.

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • I don't think you can do anything to or about our employer

    Answer by meooma at 8:09 PM on May. 8, 2011

  • Do you have a restraining order in place. If you do he is violating it by contacting you thru her.... if you don't have one, get one!! Then report her to your district or regional manager, asking for thier help in keeping your work place safe. Also call HR about it!!!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 8:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

  • I live on a little island called kauai where everybody knows everybody. Ive told my manager the day after i went into hiding, def fearing for my life, hes showed me his hunting knife, theres a gun at his moms, things should go bac to the olden days when men wer allowed to beat their wives, break a womens jaw and hands, she cant speak or write...all that bitch has to say to me was u cant keep hiding.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • The shelter should be able to help you file a complaint with the labor board.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • Well, you can't hide forever, that's true. How are you going to get away from him for good?

    Answer by Candi1024 at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.