Should i be upset or let it go? dh forgot the only request i had for mothers day

i told my dh that all i wanted to do for m.day is have him pick up take out on his way home from work tonight cause i hate dealing with the crowds on mothers day. i even went as far as to tell him what i wanted and to use the coupon on the restaurants site to save a little money. imagine my surprise when he called from work and when i mentioned take out he said i never told him where i wanted it from and that i was going to surprise him... WTF??? when i told him the place he was like... oh yeah, i remember now. should i chalk it up to men being men or do i have a right to shed a few tears??? wwyd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• well, he did remember after you gave him a nudge.
    my husband still holds it against me that I got really mad at him a while ago for forgetting something like that I told him.

I guess he figures that if he doesn't remember, then there's no way I ever told him.

I think you can cry it you feel like it, nothing wrong with that, it's healthy!
    but it's probably mostly a case of him being a guy.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I am sure you will bve surprised when he gets home
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• some "im an idiot" flowers? no thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'd be upset & honestly if it were my man I'd make him turn right around & go get me something to eat weather it be from that same place or somewhere else like closer to home.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Ya i would be annoyed. I am sure he will make it up to you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I wouldnt be upset. Id ask him to go back out and please pick it up.

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My request was to have him bring my horse home (at the barn 8mi away) so I could ride her today. It is my only form of exercise besides walking, and I enjoy my alone time. He was supposed to watch our boys. But, at 130, he packed up and rode 2.5 hours away to a leather shop with a buddy to trade out his saddle.

And no, I'm not even going to expect anything. he left his wallet on the shelf, and he needs his saddle for work every day.

We are spending tomorrow at my mom's, too.

Valentine's day, I posted, "anyone else get the shaft on holidays?"
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:56 PM on May. 7, 2011

• he said "you" were gonna surprize him?? WTH?? Ya my feelings would be a little hurt by this, especially if u told what u wanted to eat from that take out place and mentioned the coupon. So I would say u need to chalk it up to both things. U have that right to be upset and him being part of the male species. I would tell him how it hurt yoru feelings, then leave it at that and move on. Doing that would make him feel a little guilty thern constantly bringing it up. Goodluck, and he owes u a big box of chocolates, u fav kind of course! Then u make hin cook and him to clean the kitchen!! If he cooks that is...Happy Mom's Day!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:56 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'd be annoyed but I would just ask him to please go do what I asked him to do, then probably get over it,,,but I'm used to DH being scatterbrained
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:56 PM on May. 7, 2011

• BTW, it is now 6pm, and he's not back yet.

And I AM upset.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:58 PM on May. 7, 2011