Swearing

i had a mom come to me and tell me that her son had said f*ing b*tch and that he said that he heard it from my daughter. now, we have NEVER had a problem with our girls swearing. (actually we make it a priority not to swear in the house) i even asked my daughter's teachers if they've had any issues with swearing in the classroom and they all said that they havent had issues with ANY of the kids. i just feel so awkward around this particular mom now and i just dont know how to handle it.

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 6:50 PM on May. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• its likely that her child just picked a name and made it up. my daughter does that sometimes but i set her straight and tell her that its not ok. my daughter has a very big story telling imagination. but kids that age do that. maybe her kid didn't want to get in trouble so he just picked a person to blame. i know we don't swear in our house and she knows what words are okay and what aren't okay if i was in this situation i would think this, but i would ask my daughter over and over just to see if her story changes though GL
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 6:57 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Well, what does she expect you to do about it anyway? She should have taught her son to take responsibility for his own action and not put the blame on your daughter.
    Just restate your stand on cussing to your daughter...and ask her not to ever use bad language then put it out of your mind.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• @wifey thats pretty much what my husband said to me
    happymom8262

Comment by happymom8262 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Kids will cuss when away from parents and adult, even if your child did say it what exactly are you supposed to do about it? I always tell my kids if they get caught then they will get punished, but I dont randomly punish my child based on rumor. I had a teacher recently try this with my son whose 17. He put hot sauce in some cupcakes in cooking class and admitted it. A rumor went around saying he put Dawn in it. He said it wasnt true. I believed him. The principal tried to punish him based on the rumor, and wanted me to as well. I fought the punishment at school and explained I dont go around punishing based on the rumor of teens or children.

Answer by gemgem at 7:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Ever see A Christmas Story? Ralphie says F_____ and then his mom wants to know where he heard it. We hear him telling us that he heard it from his father, but he blurts out his friends name instead and you can hear that kid getting smacked over the phone. LOL.

Wifey is probably spot on.
    Anonymous