The first moment you knew you were going to be a Mother

Do you remember how you felt when you found out you were going to be a mom?
The first time you felt your baby move?
The moment you realized that you were really in labor or the birth mother was in labor?
Do you remember the first time you held your baby in your arms?
The day they took their very first steps?
The day they called you mommy the first time?
Happy Mother's day...
Feel free to share a motherhood moment if you'd like...one that means a lot to you.

CallMeAngie

Asked by CallMeAngie at 6:53 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I felt my DD move for the first time on April 15, 2009. It was my moms birthday & I cried VERY happy tears when I felt it. When I had her, the first thing I said was "where is my baby?", they laid her on my stomach & the feeling I felt & the rush of joy, I will never be able to explain. The whole experience from pregnancy to now (19 months), has been the most amazing experience & I can't even picture my life without the title of mommy!

Happy Mothers Day!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:59 PM on May. 7, 2011

• When I found out I was pregnant the first time I was like OMG-- Can I do this?? That turned into, "I hope I don't mess her up too bad."

But the moment I felt them kick and saw them for the first time, I fell hopelessly in love.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I was 2 months shy of 17 and I was scared out of my mind for many reasons. But after everyone got over the shock it was amazing to carry a little person inside and feel it kick around. I might have been young but i had common sense and knew what went into my body went into the babies body so it felt good knowing another person was relying on me to keep her healthy and safe.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:11 PM on May. 7, 2011

• The amount of bliss and relief I feel when they put a BRAND NEW naked baby on my chest is amazing. I honestly couldn't tell you what they do in afterbirth, because I have been so tied up with my new little baby that I can't pay any mind to it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yeah I remember it all. I heard the heartbeat at my first Drs appointment, I was 3 months along, and I started crying. I'm glad my mom was there!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:41 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My babies have been the ultimate joy and happiness in my life and watching them grow is a gift to me! Mothers day is my favorite holiday because I cherish being a mother!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:51 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I thought I had the flu for 3 weeks and was out shopping with my mil, felt faint and passed out. She surmised I must have been pregnant.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• when i took my pregnancy test and it said i was (finally!) pregnant, i really didn't believe it. i put off taking it for as long as i thought i could, because every test before always gave me bad news. i carried my test with me around all that day and kept peeking at it in my purse to make sure it didnt change its mind! i first felt a kick on the day we found out that he was a he! it was the tiniest and best thing in the whole world. my labor was induced, so i had alot of time to go over it in my head before it happened. i really started crying when they put the blankie on my chest, because i knew in one more push that i was going to have my sweet baby boy.

he will be 2 months old on monday (my, how time flies!) and has been smiling at me like crazy. there's been nothing better in my whole life than that toothless little smile :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I was scared, and I guess sad. When I first felt them kick/move i like screamed lol. It was so weird, but after I couldn't wait for one of them to kick again. Now, I'm freaking tired of them kicking all night! I haven't had the rest yet!  frown mini

MoreMia

Answer by MoreMia at 12:16 AM on May. 8, 2011