LONDON: What area is safe and centrally located for taking the tube to see the touristy stuff?

Hi,

I don't have time to research. We'll be there two nights and I need to know what area is good. Any hotel suggestions are welcome but can't be over 500 a night.
Thanks!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 6:55 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Travel

• We have stayed in the Bloomsbury area as well. It's safe and artsy and doesn'have the higher price tag that some of the more "trendy" locales have-

If you're an American and traveling to London for the 1st time, just beware accomodations are often tight and antiquated-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:23 PM on May. 9, 2011

• hyde park may be the place you're looking for.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• http://www.offtolondon.com/where_to_stay.html

That site gives a nice view of what's by what. I live a few hours away from London but have visited on many occasions. As for where to stay it's all up to what tourist-y attractions you're most interested in. I'd take a look at that. Since I have plenty of relatives there I don't normally stay in a hotel there but all of the ones on that list are tube connected really! Once you've found a hotel you can google map it to your nearest tube stop too.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 7:05 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Bloomsbury, around the British Museum . Centrally located and plenty of hotels to choose from, lots of trasnsportation too.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I second the Bloomsbury option. Its been nearly 20 years, but I stayed at the Royal National Hotel in that are It was really close to a tube station on the Waterloo Line and we were able to get anywhere we needed very easily.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Okay, good info, thanks everyone!
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 9:37 PM on May. 9, 2011