My husband is from pakistan..... adult content

My husband is from pakistan and we have been married for 12 years. We have four wonderful kids together and a great relationship but..............everyone gives him hell because of where he is from like yesterday he was pulled over and taken to the pd for "questioning" as they say. This is bs because it has been this way since sept 11 when the towers were taken down.... Anyone else married to a pakki? Advice? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry he has to go through that, and you too! Unfortunately it's something that is a reality for many people of that nationality, and the Muslim religion. It's a reality for our nation that we need to be on the lookout for terrorists, I wish this wasn't happening to you though.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:55 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Nope, But i would get sick of that. I'm sorry thats happening to you guys!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Honestly, the only people we have from Pakistan in my town are the doctors and their kids...and they are not given a hard time at all. One couple are pediatricians, then two brothers and one of their wives do internal medicine. I would be pissed for them if they were ever harassed like that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• wow I'm so sorry. I am not but I would file a racial profiling lawsuit. GL!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'd file a lawsuit.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I really feel bad for you. It shouldn't be like that.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• That's wrong. If it happened to me, I'd hire an attorney.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 8:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry. This is so sad!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:29 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Wow! That is weird and super frustrating! I've know a bunch of people from various arabic countries (Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, etc.) and none of them have been harrassed in any way. Some of them have even been there when bad stuff went down (they escaped) or have families who were involved in politics... still, no mistreatment from FBI or anything. But then again, I've always lived in big cities where different folk are just normal. I'd talk to a lawyer. Something doesn't seem right here.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm not, and this may be redundant, but I'm terribly sorry for you and your husband. Racial profiling is outrageous. My dad is venezuelan, but looks arabic, and refuses to pick me up @ the airport b/c the police always question him. It infuriates me, so I can only imagine how you feel...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:59 PM on May. 7, 2011