My son is 5 months old he has gotten these lil flaky places on his scalp..the look like freckels...but they flake off..a lil worried b/c it is right on his soft spot. Should i be concerned or am i just crazy? lol

finallyamommy76

Asked by finallyamommy76 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby oil also works. Use the tooth brush technique.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Sounds like cradle cap...Gental Naturals makes a cradle cap cream that is awesome! It is in a mint green bottle with a picture of pooh on it...I only had to use it once.
    dianna2402

Answer by dianna2402 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Yes sounds like craddle cap...I see it all the time Im a stylist.Nothing to be worried about
    BlessedwLife

Answer by BlessedwLife at 9:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• it is cradle cap, DON'T PICK AT IT!!!
    My son had this same problem at 5 months old, put baby oil in his hair and rub gently all over his scalp, (don't pour it on though LOL!!) wait about 10-15 minuets and wash his hair with a gentle cleanser, pat dry and then gently comb his hair, keep doing this until its gone. good luck.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 9:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My doctor told me it was craddle cap and to use a dandruff shampoo. He also told me that it can be very aggrivating to get rid of. My daughter is 9 months and it is just starting to go away.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• cradle cap
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• All of my kids had it when they wre babies I used vasiline , put it on let stay on awhile use soft toothbrush on it's side and use it like a comb pulling hair upward from scalp
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 3:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2008