Anyone have this hip surgery?

In Jan I had a labral tear repaired in my right hip. The recovery has been long and the site was quite painful for a long time also. It's just now, 4 months later, to the tolerable point. There's what's called a labrum and it somehow got torn. Inside of my hip is where this thing is, but the ortho went in through the outside to repair it. So the outside hurt as well. A few weeks ago, I felt the same burning type sensation on the inside of my left hip and I'm sure it's the same thing. I see the ortho this week for a re-check on the right hip and now to talk about the left one, which wasn't hurting when I saw him 2 months ago. Also, the outside hurts too (which also hurt on the right side before the surgery and hurt much worse after). I know, this is confusing! Sorry. I'm just trying to find someone who might have had this done. Or knows someone who has and if they had the surgery on both sides, is that common, how long the pain lasts .... that kinda stuff. Anyone?

*the labrum is the circle of tissue that surrounds the hip joint by the way.  I didn't know what the hell it was before this happened*

CookieMom108

Asked by CookieMom108 at 8:00 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• No I have not I wish you the best luck
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:03 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Experiencing pain after surgery is normal, are you taking the prescribed pain killers? you need this while recuperating especially your antibiotic to avoid any infections that can complicate your surgery. Eat healthy diet and do some recommended exercises. See DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2012