So there's this guy...

We're sleeping together he comes over and stays almost every weekend and has canceled plans with friends to be with me. But we haven't had "the talk" He loves my kids my kids love him! I'm to scared to have that talk because I don't want to push him away! What do I do? Do I call him my boyfriend? Do I suck it up and have that talk? sorry I have been in a bad relationship for 7 years and now I'm out and don't know the rules anymore lol advice ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• You've invited him into your bed and into your children's lives. The time for the talk has already passed you by. Do it ASAP.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on May. 7, 2011

• He was in my childrens lives before he's been my best friend since Jr high haha. He's always been known as Uncle Dan he came up to the hospital to see both my kids when they were born ect.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Since you are asking you must feel like now is the right time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

• slapping foreheadif he is spending time at your house sleeping over, u guys should have had the talk already. your kids are in the house with this guy and you don't at least consider him your boyfriend?????? not good. you need to screw your head on a bit tighter. what example are you setting? when u shack up you need to get a hotel/ or babysitter. kids don't need to see that stuff. tsk....

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• does not matter if you have known him for a long time. the kids know you are getting nude and crude with him. set a better example.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Never said we did it with the kids there yes he sleeps in my bed but we only do stuff when they are with my ex hubby thanks a lot...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• well it is still inappropriate to share a bed with him when the kids are in the house. it looks declasse..
    it is all about the image mom is portraying.....
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:30 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My kids are 1 and 2... really... wasn't looking to be judged
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Well I would definately not let these women upset you. No one is perfect on here! So I would say have the talk with him. I am not an expert on relationships but just tell him how you feel, and that he has been there. Listen to him though too, very important.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 8:39 PM on May. 7, 2011

• hey all i can say is looks like u had the talk and u moved on.its ur life and nobody elses
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 8:40 PM on May. 7, 2011