Has anyone lost a Mirena IUD because of having to much sex with multipule orgasm after having it in for 2 years?

I've had my Mirena for two years and never had a problem with it till now. I got it in after I had my daughter. I got divorced and now I'm with my boyfriend and after all this time I can't find the strings. I was just wondering if anyone has lost the IUD because of having sex or if it is even possible? I don't even know when I lost it. It was there a month and a half ago and now nothing. And now I think I might be pregnant. Please help me out.

angels_mommy06

Asked by angels_mommy06 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to let u know - if u don't want to be preggers - but I had the Mirena 4 2 1/2 yrs when I found out I was preg with son # 5 ( just born on Nov 4 th 08!) I don't know if its from alot of sex or multiple orgasms but I do have both. When I went in for my U/S the IUD was no where to be seen. You have to call your OB rite away if u get a + HPT b/c of chances of ectopic preg. message me directly if u want to know more. Good Luck!!
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• They can just fall out for any reason. It doesn't have to be from having sex or your period or anything.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You might want to go see your OB, and just check to make sure it's still there. I would think you would notice it if it had fallen out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2008