Do you go to church? take your kids?

a guy i work with has a 3 or 4 yr old son. He's in church on Sunday morning, but never has his son with him.
I asked him at work one day, how is son was and why he wasn't at church.
He explained that he was to young and couldn't sit still in church.
I was just like UMM Okay.
it's not like when he turns 5 or 6, the little boy will just POOF and be old enough to go to church and sit still.
I just find it odd...
He is single and says that his parents go to church at a different time. Now, I'm wondering if his parents take thier grandson to church with them.
Why wouldn't you take you bring you child to church with you..??

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 8:40 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• We go to church and all of our kids go. There are 3 children that sit out in church. There is a 10 month old (mine) an 11 month old and a 2 year old. If they get loud or rowdy we will take them to the nursery. If you don't take them they wont learn how to sit quietly. They have childrens church in the back for preschool age kids and above...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• we don't go to church so obviously DS doesn't attend
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:42 PM on May. 7, 2011

• my daughter is 1 and she goes to church w me, but i put her in the nursery
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 8:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i would find it odd, unless i knew the child had behavioral problems...but then, i'd wonder if he was medicated or not. i wouldn't ask that much, but i'd wonder.
    does the church he attends not have a child's ministry or nursery available? it could also be that the g-parents enjoy having him at a certain time, and this is a 'break' for the dad. i wouldn't use church-time as that, but that's me.
    my child does go with us, and will go with us, until he out of our home and on his own. at that time, he can make his own decision..however, i'm confident he will continue some sort of church service. completely confident.

let the downvoting begin....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

• No church for me either... So none for the kids either
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:43 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would actually let the guy parent and not be such a nosey busy body.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 8:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i go to church but not on a regular basis and yes my 5 year old goes with me
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I go to church. Boys go to sunday school and children's church.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I think he's being considerate of the other parishioners. If the kid can't sit still, he'd disrupt the worship experience for others.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 8:53 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I think one's religious beliefs are personal and whether they attend church or not, or bring their children or not, is also personal. If the child is very young they WON'T be able to sit still. It's better if they go to Sunday school or nursery or whatever special thing they have for children. I grew up going to church and I have to say...I fell asleep. I did try taking notes and reading...but till I was older and able to write better and read better, I lived for the moment when we could stand up and sing a hymn!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 11:26 PM on May. 7, 2011