If you cut someone out of your life, would you read a letter if they sent it to you?

what if that person was your mom? cut her out in oct... havent spoken or anything... didnt congrat me when i graduated (a HUGE accomplishment for me)...

but word got to me that she might be sending me flowers for mothers day... debating on just throwing them all away (letter included) or throwing the card/letter away, and letting DS hand out the flowers to all the moms at the park down the road.

i'm not interested in ANYTHING from her. if she wants to waste money on buying stupid shit (like flowers), then thats on her.

(most likely, she didnt send anything-- its just that one person's way of trying to get me to talk to her. last year, she told me that i wasnt even a mom. like seriously? my son was 4 at the time, i had him ALL 4 years, dont share custody, take care of him, etc... and i'm not a mom?... compared to her, when she left her family 10+ years ago, leaving her DS, who was only 4 at the time in MY care-- i was 13. and continues to bounce in and out, only taking her one underage child with her... leaving her now 14 year old son with me.... who isnt the mom in this case?!)

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 8:41 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be too curious not to read it. What you do with it at that point, is up to you.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:44 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i would read the letter..you might get some form of closure maybe >..?
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would read the letter. No one would know but me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't know, If I chose to keep them out of my life it would have had to have been for a good reason and
    I would probably not read anything form that family member. But one would really have to hurt me in order for me to
    cut them out of my life ( being family members and all.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes, I would read it . Depends on the circumstances whether I would reply or trash it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• All I can say, is remember you only have one mom. I would read the letter because I'd be courious as to what she had to say.
    I did cut my mom/family out of my for a few months slowly we got into talking again.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• thats the thing- i'd be curious too, but i know it'd have nothing in it.

ALL of me wants her to just say "hey, i apologize- i'm getting my life back on track"... instead, she thinks this entire "fight" (me cutting her out) is over a tv. even though i was on the phone, crying, begging, pleading with her to settle her life down and get structure for her and her youngest child (only 5 years old and she's moved over 20 times!)... they've been in Australia since Nov and they've already moved 3 times!

she has the means to settle down-- my dad-- her ex husband-- is willing to pay for EVERYTHING for her to settle down, regardless of where it is... he'd pay her rent til she can, pay for her food, personal items, buy her a car, car insurance, etc... no, he doesnt love her- he actually HATES her, but he does it for the 14 year old bro-- who deserves a stable mom! but she doesnt care
    Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 8:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Wow, that's rough. I'd probably have to read it. Not knowing stuff eats at my soul. I may not reply, but I'd probably at least read the beginning and the end.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 9:01 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Honey, you need to let that go just let it go....You and the chid need your Mom and she needs you,at least give her a chance I dont think you will regret it.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:07 PM on May. 7, 2011

• .You and the chid need your Mom and she needs you,at least give her a chance I dont think you will regret it.

thats the thing- i HAVE given her chances. chance after chance after chance. and she didnt care at all. at this point, i dont care about her either. i've officially cut her out and i do NOT want her back in. as for my child needing her? he definitely doesnt need someone to tell him- repeatedly- that he doesnt have a home. she realized that she cannot emotionally abuse me, so she started in on my son, and i refuse to have that.

Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 9:48 PM on May. 7, 2011