Why are some pregnant woman happy when they lose weight during there pregnancy?

i am so sick of my friends saying they are going to diet (not just eat right but actually diet) while they are pregnant so they aren't fat when the baby gets here......why would you do this and why do people post that they are happy they've lost weight during the time they were pregnant.......sorry needed to rant

krissii

Asked by krissii at 8:49 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• many people lose weight naturally while pregnant.... I actually didn't get back to my pre-pregnancy weight till mid second trimester and only ended up gaining 11 lbs total
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:50 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I didnt try to loose weight but I did all throughout my pregnancy and I felt good about myself because I was overweight when I got pregnant and when I had him I was at a healthy weight...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:51 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i lost weight to and am not saying it's a bad thing if you aren't trying but the people i have talked to are cutting back food and drinking diet drinks and to me that can't be healthy
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 8:56 PM on May. 7, 2011

• No I definately wouldn't do things like that intentionally, they need all the nutrients they can get.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:06 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have no idea if it is good or bad. But I gained 30 pounds duriong my pregnancy and lost it as soon as my daughter was delivered! I did not put on this weight until I was 7 months though. But I certainly did not diet especially with a family who believed you are healthy if you eat a real meal - meat, potatoes, and vegies. Then there was always desert - marzapan cake, creme cake. My Dad was a chef.
    So I guess I ate like a pig during my whole pregnancy. But I thought that's whaty the fun part was!!!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• ....during THEIR pregnancy.
    I don't know, They need to eat a good healthy diet but not overeat as too many Moms do. Its not good to gain more that 30 pounds. I gained about 25-30 each time I was pregnant and it didn't take long to get back into my usual clothes. You aren't supposed to eat for two.
    Maybe they just don't want to be fat!
    You don't have to be fat just because you are pregnant. Some take advantage of being pregnant and stuff themselves. Not good.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• They really shouldn't be limiting their food intake to avoid being a "fat mom". Nothing wrong with eating healthy, and I would completely support making sure you got all your fruits and veggies over gaining xxx amount of weight or xxx amount of calories, but to diet when you're pregnant and risk hurting your baby is crazy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:29 PM on May. 7, 2011

• And if you're trying to correct her grammar minnesotanice...try again. You caught one, but not the other.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:31 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i dont know why people do that i am pregnant with my first and ive already had one of my friends making me feel guilty about what i eat while she is pregnant and she is losing weight well sure im overweight but hell i lost 100lbs before i got pregnant and the way i see it i can lose weight after my baby i feel if i go on a diet now ill starve myself and my baby and id feel guilty sure i need to eat healthier but pregnancy should be embraced and not the time to go on a diet
    mrsejaney

Answer by mrsejaney at 9:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

mrsejaney

Answer by mrsejaney at 9:46 PM on May. 7, 2011