Ghosts of Christmas........

Not necessarily of the past.... but, does anyone feel like the ghost  of a dearly departed one "visits" them during the holidays?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I sure hope that happens. My mom has cancer and was given "6-months" last year, so this holiday season I am paying particular attention to the details, especially the smells of things that I associate with Mom. I live in AZ and she's in OR, so I'm spending some serious money flying back and forth as often as I can to help her prepare for the season. As we go through the boxes of ornaments, she's dividing them up so my brother and I won't have to when she's gone. What a sweet thing to do so her loved ones won't have that burden when she's gone.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• um no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• no...i'd think if a ghost were so inclined to visit, unless christmastime was a factor in their death/timing, they come whenever they wanted, whereever...if a ghost were so inclined.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I feel like my mom comes and I hear her humming in the kitchen and then as I walk down the hall it stops. As soon as I get back into bed I hear it again, just her humming and in the kitchen as usuasl. It always happens during Dec and Jan and then it just stops. She died in May of 1998
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Wow anon @ 2:35...in a way that seems spooky, but I bet that gives you peace of mind. I'm sorry your mom died.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 3:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes I do. But I refer to them as spirits, not ghosts. I smell the scents most familar of my granparents around this time. I smell my grandma's perfume or scents of baking when I know I'm certainly not baking anything. Yes, I'm sure that they come around moreso around special occassions like Christmas time.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Not Christmas, but every Easter my siblings and our kids get together at my dad and stepmoms on Saturday to color eggs and it is a whole afternoon of it. Ever since my nephew died (he was 9- bike/truck accident) I find a penny. Like the pennies from heaven story where the departed drop a penny, and it is always where we have walked through before I see it, like his way of being there with us.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2008