• In the Spotlight:

Do you need a BC for Head start?

I'm going in monday, do you think SSN card would be ok ? My son's birth certificate has been lost and we moved out of state so i have to print and mail the request forms in.

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 10:12 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't remember needing those, but they do require immunization records, list of any allergies, emergency contacts, if child requires medicines to be given by school nurse...etc
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 10:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

• if you have a medically restricted diet do you know if you will still be accepted?
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 10:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

• As long as you have a note from the doctor, yes.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Thanks! my son asks 50x's a day if he can please go to school but he is only 3 and you have to be 4 for prek. The head start is on our corner and he hawks it. I'm going in to apply monday but I am so worried something with prevent him he will be SUPER sad!
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 10:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You will need the BC, not so much the SSC. schools and programs aren't authorixed to to know a childs SSN... Because every child has the right to an education, there are a lot of immigrant children in our schools.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 11:30 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i think you have to have the BC by the time school starts? just call the school and ask them
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2011