Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Do you need a BC for Head start?

I'm going in monday, do you think SSN card would be ok ? My son's birth certificate has been lost and we moved out of state so i have to print and mail the request forms in.

Answer Question

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 10:12 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 20 (9,735 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I don't remember needing those, but they do require immunization records, list of any allergies, emergency contacts, if child requires medicines to be given by school nurse...etc

    Answer by Suzi at 10:15 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • if you have a medically restricted diet do you know if you will still be accepted?

    Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 10:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • As long as you have a note from the doctor, yes.

    Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • Thanks! my son asks 50x's a day if he can please go to school but he is only 3 and you have to be 4 for prek. The head start is on our corner and he hawks it. I'm going in to apply monday but I am so worried something with prevent him he will be SUPER sad!

    Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 10:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • You will need the BC, not so much the SSC. schools and programs aren't authorixed to to know a childs SSN... Because every child has the right to an education, there are a lot of immigrant children in our schools.

    Answer by amberpatterson at 11:30 PM on May. 7, 2011

  • i think you have to have the BC by the time school starts? just call the school and ask them

    Answer by cara124 at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.