What kind of perm should I use

I want to perm my hair. I want good curl. I know that there are acid, alkaline, and exothermic perms. What is the difference and which would be better for my hair? My hair is hard to perm. It is really fine, frizzy, and usually a pain in the butt. It is not colored or damaged.

kerijeanbean

Asked by kerijeanbean at 10:12 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, for starters. i'd ask around, find out who gets perms on a regular basis, or has, and if their hair looks good..go to their stylist.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:18 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yeah If I had money I still probably wouldn't go to a stylist. I have only had two professional perms. The second one sucked, big time. Half my head wasn't curled and they wanted to charge me extra to fix it.
    kerijeanbean

Comment by kerijeanbean (original poster) at 10:43 AM on May. 8, 2011

• A good stylist will NOT cook your hair or over process it part of it is a good product that they use too.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I did it myself it came out just fine. And it is all curled which is more than I can say for the last stylist I went to. I have never been happy with someone else doing anything with my hair.
    kerijeanbean

Comment by kerijeanbean (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011