Is Shell Island in Florida a good place to take my 3 children? They are 5, 7, and 10.

The reviews I've read have been split, people either love it or think it's not worth the trouble. We will be staying in Destin June 1, 2, & 3rd and I would like to take the kids to Shell Island to go shelling, they are no shells at all on the beach where we stay. Has anyone been there in the last year ? what did you think?

jennypenny3000

Asked by jennypenny3000 at 10:19 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Travel

• I haven't been in the last year, but when I did go, I loved it. We were in Panama when we went, and there were dolphins playing in the wake from the ferry. It was awesome!!! (I love dolphins, so it COULD have swayed my decision) We didn't actually get to stay on the island long, because a storm came up, but it was PACKED with shells... All variations.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:22 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My grandma used to take me there when i was a little girl. I now take my kids, Its worth it :) I hope you have fun & make some great memories.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:29 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It is an awesome place to go. May I also suggest checking out Dolphin Island off the coast of Florida.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 11:03 PM on May. 7, 2011