My Tween is driving me nuts...

Is any one else have a daughter 10 driving them nuts? Its the over all child. The looks the mouthing off the stomping everything about them. I love her but at times I find as if I cant stand her at the moment. I feel like a bad mom for atmitting that but am I the only person out there?

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 10:28 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• you are not the only one. don't feel bad you are human. just because they are blood does not mean they can't press your buttons. girls that age are VERY emotional and they like the banter. i was a pain in the butt at 10. i thought i was more of a woman than my mom, i wanted to be grown and sometimes forgot my place..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:32 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My daughter is 12, just a warning....it gets way worse before it gets any better. Good luck, and you can love someone with all your heart, but not like them one bit. lol
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 10:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My son will turn 13 in a little over a week. DH and I are dealing with the same thing. It isn't fun. Someone once told me, when she was going through the same thing with her DD. I was told that the only thing that she could do was to try to help her until DD came through it all. Hang in there and be there for your DD when she needs you the most. They think they know everything and Mom and Dad are dumb. One day, they will figure out that we weren't so dumb after all. Happy Mothers Day!
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My 11 y/o dd is not too bad but i've noticed changes in her that i don't like. She doesn't seem to listen nearly as well as she use to and then she gets mad at me when she gets punished because she says its my fault for punishing her. i tried to explain that the punishment is a result of her action, not me being the bad guy. If i could just get to her to clean up after herself... everything would be good. she is a slob! ugh!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I have an 11 yr old DD and a 13 yr old DS, it's fun over here. Most of the time we will say "oh cool! we got the eye roll" or other things like that to kind of make light of the situation. But today was a challenge. DD was crying over every last little thing; DH and DS1 were not making things any easier. I finally told her to go to her room with a book, the cat, and chill. I think she fell asleep for a while and was much happier once she rested. I know we were.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:25 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I am losing the war against eye rolling and face making. I've been threatening soap like crazy for sassy mouth, though, and if I am treated badly I'll treat badly right back. No movies, eating out, shopping, etc ... some boring time w/ "mean mom" helps
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:30 AM on May. 8, 2011

• She's 10- welcome to the world of middle school aged girls. Remember that at this age- hormones take center stage in your child's development. She will become more selfish and self-centered, just as she was at 3. This is a mind changing time for children and they survive by internalizing and understanding the world via their own lives. They are not very aware of what is going on with others, they are far too busy trying to understand themselves.

Be understanding, help guide- but don't expect her to do what she may not be mentally capable of doing. Coping is the name of their game- life makes as much sense to them as their actions do to you. And- she'll grow out of it and with love and guidance along the way, she'll be just fine.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My son is 14 and my niece is 13 and the both drive me crazy. I love them both but don't always like them. That doesn't make me a bad mom and it doesn't make you one either. She is at an age where she has raging hormones and is in between stages of development. Not still a kid but not an adult either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Acting like that can make them very annoying. My daughter is 11 and she always walks away stomping if she doesn't get what she wants.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:36 PM on May. 15, 2011