Fenugreek

I have been taking Fenugreek since DS was 5 days old, he is now 3mo. and I have a full supply, I am wanting to stop the fenugreek. Has anybody ever stoped taking it and noticed a drop in their supply?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 10:31 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took fenugreek for a couple months and when i stopped my supply dropped a little, but not enough to effect nursing.
    jnhill

Answer by jnhill at 10:36 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i only took it for 2 weeks until my supply was back up and then i would stop and it was fine!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:48 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would stop, and keep nursing on demand. May I ask why you felt you needed it in the first place?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:59 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Krysta, I thought I needed it, becuase I thought baby wasn't getting enough milk, now I know I was wrong and he was just going thru growth spurts...But I do like to have frozen milk in the freezer..
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 1:06 AM on May. 8, 2011

• If you know that you didn't need it before, and you don't need it now, then I'd probably stop. You don't need tons of milk frozen, especially since it's not going to last forever in the freezer, 6 mos MAXIMUM...I'd stop and see if I noticed any change.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:06 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I've been taking it for a while and there will be times when i don't t take it for a while and nothing has happened to my supply.
    kaitensmommy

Answer by kaitensmommy at 4:27 PM on May. 11, 2011