How do you feel about circumcision?

If i have a boy i wanna know what other choose..i just need some help on this...

SuperKimbo2006

Asked by SuperKimbo2006 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm in the UK and no one does it here, and I can assure you, everyone doesn't have diseased penises queuing up to have their foreskins lopped off.

Do your research. Find out what the foreskin is for, it does have a purpose. Then look up the pros and cons from each side. Don't just follow what other people do but make your own informed decision.
    claireandboys

Answer by claireandboys at 5:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• ITs purely cosmetic, its expensive and it changes nothing.
    AprilRaine

Answer by AprilRaine at 9:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Both of my boys were done at birth and hubby was too when he was born. it's normal and as for it costing money i never paid a cant to have them done, insurance took care of it.
    insanemomof4

Answer by insanemomof4 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was there when my son was done and he screamed bloody murder, but only when they swabbed him with antiseptic. He feel asleep when they did the actual procedure. I can assure you he was in no pain. I worried after about the healing, but it was more upsetting for me than him.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was going to circumsize my son when he was born, but when the doctor came in and explained the procedure I freaked out and changed my mind!! I wouldn't there is no need to these days.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 9:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My mother talked me out of having my older son (now 20) circumcised. He wishes that he would have had the procedure - he doesn't like that he looks different -

My younger son is 8, and we had him circumcised.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i felt that the decision was really more up to my sons father since he obviously had the better persepective.....so, my son was circumcised just like his fahter was, but we had issues with it growing back a bit when he was about 1 and had to have a little snio done again...not fun....but my current man is not circumcised and it has caused him some issues (he washes it EVERYDAY and still has issues with infections) and he said it took him a long time to accept it looked different....i personally lean toward circ, but thats just me....plus, my insurance covered my sons so i have no idea how much it cost
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I had my boys done. My husband and I didn't really think about. He is so they are too. Our insurance didn't cover it and it was around $300.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was concerned when I was pregnant with my son too. I was told it was cosmetic, unnecessary and painful. I was undecided right up until they came to take him and i asked "how many people are still doing this?" The nurse said 80% of boys were circumsized and the 20% that weren't were usually due to culture. I thought for a minute about locker rooms and how hard it is for preteens & teens to feel different and I had it done. Insurance covered it. Consider lawmom623's experience.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My husband and son is done I am pregnant again and if its a boy he will also be cut, I don't like uncut penis's and again it's totally my preference
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 10:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2008