Broken engagement/toddlers

I got engaged back in december.. and like a normal teen i flipped out and wanted to get married right then and their..

Well in january i started to notice i just got engaged and even though i take to my SO every night all we say is i love you and i miss you. For 2 weeks i tried to make reasons up for him to talk to me but i got nothing..
I finally gave up and made up a complete story to see if he would tell me something of his opinion i just wanted him to talk to me for 10 minutes without using the words i love/miss you..

Now it is may and my son keeps asking about my ex.. i feel so bad.... My ex was more of a father to him then his actually father and when he was about 29 months he started to call my ex daddi by himself..

Today he came up and laid his head in my lap and said "Mommy it is warm and flowers are coming up.. does that mean daddi is coming back?"

My ex lived in england and i live in the USA so around june he would come down and then around december he would come back down...

I feel so bad for my son.. he loved my ex so much and i don't know what to do for him

Should i just avoid those questions or explain to him that "daddi" still loves him but him and mommy just weren't working out or what.. i really don't know what to say to him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell him a version of the truth that he will understand: Mommy and "Daddy" just couldn't get along and play nice. I know you're going to feel sad, but Daddy isn't going to be coming to see us anymore.

Something like that. You don't say how old he is now, but kids KNOW when they're being lied to. Good Luck!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:53 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Hmmmm I think get him busy and avoid things that remind your son of him
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:13 PM on May. 8, 2011