My 8 year old son and his wee wee.... adult content

I don't know what to do or how am I supposed to react to this. I walked in the bedroom to check on my son and he had his pants pulled down, and he was showing his 4 year old sister that it was "up".

I freaked out. I told him put your pants up, and that his pee pee is private and he cannot be showing his sister. I talked to my 4 year old daughter and told her the same thing.

I don't know how to handle this, and I want to make sure he understands that this is wrong.

How do I go about doing this?

No he has never been sexually abused or anything like that. His father and I are not together, and his father is very touchy feely with whomever he is dating. He used to be touchy feely with me when we were together in front of the kids and I told him, no don't do that.

I can't control what he does with his current girlfriend when I am not around. If he learned it from anywhere, it's most likely his father because that's just how he is, and sometimes he really doesn't think!!!!

I just need to know how to correct this behavior at my house.

Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on May. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't think it's anything his father has done,

It's just normal behaviour for a little kid to be curious about his body. Without making him feel ashamed or that it was "wrong", you just tell him it's private. Tell his sister the same. It's fine for you to be interested in your body, but it's just for you, don't share it around. We don't do that. Coating it with shame and taboos is a big mistake.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:02 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't think its that big of a deal. Kids do that crap at that age. Your son is not a pervert.
    Anonymous

• I think you worry too much. He is just doing what little kids do and I am sure it is harmless. He hasn't seen anything improper,I am sure,
    Just tell him to keep his pants on and don't be too emtional and too scared....be calm.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:04 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yeah don't freak out on him he dident really understanthat it was improper for his sister to see it, I am still young enough to remember when i was eight and I asked my little brother to sho me his cause I wanted to know what it looked like ( he was four at the time) I dident relize that other in the family couldent see it well i got caught and my mom and godmother freaked out and I went on time out for like an hour. I will never forget that, but he is just curiouse just talk to him about it and xplain they understand more than we give them credit for.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 11:17 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I freaked out in my head, but not really at him, I tried to stay as calm as possible, and just said what you ladies said that it's private and he can't show it to his sister. I just wasn't sure if this was normal and how to react. Thank you very much! I appreciate your advice! It's just weird for me as a Mom to walk in on something like that, it's awkward for me. But I understand what you are all saying. Again thanks!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 PM on May. 7, 2011

• And I don't think my son is a pervert!!! I love my kids!!!! I just didn't know how to handle or approach this the right way that's why I asked. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• You did good Mama...sometimes we all just need a little reassurance. hugs
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 3:39 PM on May. 8, 2011