Collecting

what do you like to collect? Angels, bells, cats, dogs, elephants, fish, .....where do you find yours?

Suzi

Asked by Suzi at 10:58 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Plants! Hoyas for now- they're my latest obsession :) Before Hoyas it was different kinds of Aloes and Philodendrons. I had 250 plants in the house last spring- it was crazy! Now, though, I've pared things down to just about 95 or so, and I'm ordering online at different places when I'm up for a new addition to the house :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:23 AM on May. 8, 2011

• with a cat I have not acquired plants...but back a few years ago I grew lavender from seed. I collect angels, mostly statuettes, and dragons.
    Suzi

Comment by Suzi (original poster) at 1:03 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I collect dolls and salt & pepper shakers.

I also collect fairies - mostly CMB Flower Fairies.

I love her work, and that she wrote a little poem about each flower and its fairy.  

In her poem about the Pink Fairies, they use their little scissors to pink (as with pinking shears) the edges of the dianthus flowers ... at night while everyone is sleeping.  :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• that is cool SS Mom! I love fairies too, just haven't come across any that I could sit on the shelf AND didn't cost an arm/leg to buy!
    Suzi

Comment by Suzi (original poster) at 3:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Angels; Bears; Music Boxes; Birds; Snowmen; Butterlies; Flowers; Dolls
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:50 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I collect material.There are so many uses for a good piece of material.I can make a picture for my wall out of a square and some ribbon.it looks framed and is simple and easy. I also make pillows,blankets and curtains.I love crafting.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 4:24 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Ceramic birds.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:43 PM on May. 12, 2011