I'm upset with him. ugh.

the other day dh asked if he could go out and have some "me time" of his own today. not a problem i guess. i was having a mommy daughter morning. he said he may go get a massage...whatever, no big deal. he had told me a few days prior he was getting me a spa day for mother's day, and his back hurt, so i didn't care.

so today started out good, went out with dd for a couple of hours, met dh and ds out at the beach, walked the boardwalk, they played in the sand and the park. we decided to go to the mall, so the kids could play in the play area. he decides he was going to go get the massage then. an hour massage. now, normally i wouldn't have cared. but here he is spending money on him before he even gets me the spa day. or anything for that matter.

i'm not upset about him going, i'm upset at the fact he went and got one without even thinking about buying me anything first. i know he hasn't, i do the bills. ok, now that i'm writing and thinking about it, i'm finding myself more mad about the fact that he waited till the last minute, actually, not even that, since he hasn't even got it yet. uuuggghhh i'm just upset. i can't explain more than i already have. i mean, do i have the right to be? he's off on monday, why not go get the stupid massage on monday instead of "my day"? today was supposed to be my "mother's day" instead of tomorrow because tomorrow is the normal routine, church, then go home and get the kids a nap, because we have church tomorrow evening as well, so they need a nap sunday afternoons so they're not crabby at church. nothing much to do than that.

why is it women think weeks ahead for father's day (at least i do), but when it comes to them and mother's day, they don't even give it a second thought???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• He's a man don't expect too much!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:09 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Haven't u figured out yet that most men are pigs? But we love them anyway.
    Anonymous

• ya you have the right to be made and ya he is a man but they do know that on are b days and mother days we come first they just know know what day they are on lol dont be to made yet till after see if he got you any thing else you know hope you have a good mothers day .........
    lilangel19

Answer by lilangel19 at 11:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I think you had a very good reason to be upset with him. I would have asked him right then and there to wait until Monday and that this was supposed to be "Mothers Day' and I want to sepnd it with my family. I think that was a jerky move on his part. Hope your night goes a little better.
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 11:27 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Maybe he thinks he would pay for it when you actually went...not counting on it being tomorrow? That is one of the dumbshit things my LP would do when I was standing there looking at him like "where is my present" LOL I can hear it now "Well, whenever you go, I'll pay for it...what's the big deal".

I wouldn't be too worried if I didn't have the gift certificate on the "big day" as long as there was some additional acknowledgment that your gift was definitely a spa day when you chose to go.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:40 PM on May. 7, 2011

• must be nice to expect gifts... I dont expect anyone to buy something for me just because it's a holiday, certainly not enough to be asking for one if they didnt cough it up right away
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:46 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Because guys are from another planet. Its like they don't think at all sometimes. Like important things fly right over their head. But don't be upset my man wanted to argue today over bull. and he did't get me anything...
    Damiens_mom

Answer by Damiens_mom at 11:32 PM on May. 8, 2011