Ugh..he just does not understand!!!!!

I am 9 weeks pregnant, and I am going through a lot of family drama on top of it..so my emotions are going wild right now. I am so frustrated because my fiance thinks I should be "fine"...so all we are doing is fighting and arguring because "Im pissy"....Does he not understand that I HAVE to try to keep my cool because I am pregnant????? He is making things worse and upsetting me more rather than being supportive. Anybody else deal with the same thing while pregnant? I know I am extra hormonal...but I dont know how to get him to understand that.....UGH..

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 11:09 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd just walk away. I'd tell him to leave me alone. Sometime when I'm super emotional the best medicine is peace and quiet.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:11 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I think personally other people don't need to understand we are extra hormonal except for the rare case, bc everyone needs some leg room. Its US who need to realize we are extra hormonal and should step back, asses the situation, and try and cool down and be rational. I've found when hormonal women tend to be the ones upsetting THEM SELF LOL!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:12 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would tell him how it is making you feel. Explain that you are not asking for special treatment, just some respect. My husband has been both supportive and not while I have been pregnant. Every time I have felt he was not being supportive I basically called him out. Look buddy, I'm growing something here and my hormones are making it hard for me to reign in my emotions. I'm just asking for a little understanding and right now you're just making me feel like crap. Sorry, girl. Good luck
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:19 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I remember with my first pregnancy, my then bf was heavy into pot and money literally went up in smoke. We argued about paying bills. He wanted to disconnect the phone and I said "No way! if you think I'm gonna go downstairs [we were on 2nd floor] to call for an ambulance you have another think coming" My moods were crazy too, and other than the bill paying thing, he did try to help. He had to do the dishes (cuz I couldn't reach) and cook the meat (cuz it made me feel sick). He had some trouble adjusting after Ariane was born; he didn't wake up if she cried...and he lost his cool when she seemed hungry but wouldn't eat. I had to show him how to burp her lol
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 11:52 PM on May. 7, 2011

• If this is your first pregnancy, he has a lot to learn. It's only natural for a pregnant woman to be moody and want to be left alone every once in a while. Tell him to get used to it, you got seven more months to go.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:54 AM on May. 8, 2011

• TALK 2 HIM LET HIM KNOW EXACLY HOW YUH FEEL ! I KNOW URE EMOTIONS R WILD RITE NOW ! BT LET HIM KNOW LOOK BABY IM PREGO IM GOIN THREW ALOT RYTE NOW I JUS NEED U 2 B ON MY SIDE ! URE PREG. EVEN THOUGH HE CULDNT UNDERSTAND AS WE DO BECAUSE MEN ANT GET PREGNAT N GO THREW ALLLLLLLLL THE SHIT WE DO WITH PREGNACY YA KNOW ! JUST LETTEM KNOW !
    mommyof2519

Answer by mommyof2519 at 2:08 AM on May. 8, 2011

• tell him how your feeling tell him to rub your back give u tlc now
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:01 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Thanks Ladies! It just feels good to vent on here and get advice from women who are in the same boat!!
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on May. 8, 2011