I just don't understand?

my 2 yr old is potty training. He has been doing so awesome . We've been doing pull ups bc we have had a busy month last month and the beginning of this month. Before we started pull ups he was in big boy underwear. He'd have occasional accidents but was doing good. Now that he is in pull ups he stays dry all day long and even woke up dry this mornong :) what I don't understand is why when I put him in underwear now does he not stay dry in them? He will have an accident everytime I put him in underwear. I just don't understand why? Especially bc he was staying dry before in them. I haven't changed anything on how we are potty training? I am just confused on what's going on.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:15 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• going back/forth can be very confusing. 1st make sure things are totally settled down at home. get all your shopping/errands done for a few days, too, so you really have some hardcore time to devote to wrapping this up. make sure every pull up from the house is completely GONE and there's no secret emergency stash anywhere. Encourage him to help you check drawers/closets for those silly baby things, since there's no babies here, only a big boy. expect some accidents. he might need to re-train his muscles a little bit from the time he spent back in pull ups. it'll come, be patient and consistent. good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:08 AM on May. 8, 2011