Pagans?

How many moms here are Pagans? Which path do you follow? Do you have family who have negative feelings about it? Did you start out being a Pagan or did you grow toward it?

Suzi

Asked by Suzi at 11:19 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was not born into a pagan family. Actually my family wasn't very fond of the idea of me even becoming a pagan. Honestly i'm not really sure how i go about it. I have read many books on the subject i believe in a goddess and god but i really don't know how to go about becoming pagan. My family feels that pagans are devil worshipers i tried to tell them that pagans celebrate nature and life but still they are unable to accept that this is a path i want to follow. I wish i had someone to show me the pagan ways other than my many books.
    Luna_Bell

Answer by Luna_Bell at 11:24 PM on May. 7, 2011

• So you are in the exploring stage, yes? I remember loving Easter and Christmas, then my parents got into this church that said that those came from Paganism....and I missed the holidays so much it led me to wonder: was I a pagan at heart? I grew up loving nature, and trees...and peaceful times by water. I loved candles, but when I wanted to light a bunch growing up my mom asked "what are you a vampire?" I loved to look up at the Moon and stars. I esp. loved/love animals. I was particularly attracted to frogs, cats and birds. It wasn't till I began studying paganism that I began to not be afraid of hornets or bees...and I have a sort tolerance for spiders as long as they stay up near the ceiling lol
    Suzi

Comment by Suzi (original poster) at 11:34 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm Eclectic Wiccan. No my family ranges from indifferent to believing similar to me. I didn't really grow up in a religious household. But DH introduced me to Paganism and it went from there.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:41 PM on May. 7, 2011

• very cool...my mom reacted like most Christians do: the devil worship thing, then she said I was being deceived...lol One of my besties introduced some stuff to me. She calls her beliefs the Old Religion, though.
    Suzi

Comment by Suzi (original poster) at 11:45 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I grew up in a strong Christian household. I chose to being an Eclectic Wiccan . I've always felt a connection to nature. Come to find out Im not the only one that has chosen a Wiccan path. My sister , niece and cousin practice as well...
    Mystic0ne

Answer by Mystic0ne at 12:11 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Eclectic Wiccan Witch.

Started on this journey at age 34(so 4 yrs now). I was raised in a super Christian household and they arent exactly thrilled but have kept their opinions to themselves(except my 85 yr old grandma and I didnt expect her too...not her style LOL).

My family is more a talk behind the back kind of group so thats where the comments and such about my change in spiritual beliefs is kept. They'd never have the guts to say to my face how they truly feel and thats fine by me. I dont need their guilt attempts and they dont need my telling them to back off and mind their own business.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:13 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My family ranges from fundamentalist Christians through to atheists. The flack I catch is from the ones closer to the fundie side. DH is pagan and we met during a time when I was still unsure what I was meant to be. I've always felt more peace communing with nature than sitting in my finest clothing in a Sunday service.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:06 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I've noticed there is only one pagan group on here, and most of the forums are adult content. What if we had a group called Pagan Mommies?
    Suzi

Comment by Suzi (original poster) at 9:18 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I am a Solitary Eclectic Pagan Witch. My husband is Christian, and has a general fear of pentacles and just about anything Pagan, because he a bad experience with some stupid highschool cult that scared him to church. My mother and grandmother are Jehovah's Witnesses... I FOUND my path as a child, but I didn't really start living on it until I was an adult because of my mothers beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2011

• There are a number of Pagan Groups here, but Proud Pagans seems to be the one with the highest activity. And the forums are marked Adult, mostly out of caution because some of the subjects could stray in that area with discussions or whatnot possibly about sex, or childbirth or whatnot... But it's not something you should let scare you away.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 AM on May. 8, 2011